Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did they indicate that the multimedia thing will be available?
Excellent question..... one rep (not a smart USA employee) on the stand seemed to think it was available as an option on 2017 models. As far as I know that's not the case, and I've seen nothing indicating it will ever be offered on North American 453s.

She also thought Apple Car Play and Android Auto might be coming to the smart since they were being integrated into the Mercedes-Benz lineup. I'll have to see that to believe it. :)

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I hope they do decide to make it available for 2017. Not having one may be a deal breaker for my son who's lease on the 2015 is up in July this year. We replace the basic radio in his car with a Pioneer Nex radio with navigation built so needless to say he's used to that.

Great pictures BTW......

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,762 Posts
As an ED 451 owner, the above lighted charge port is both welcome and "brilliant."

Appears that the ED 453 electronics have been upgraded to bring the info center into the 21st century, a great improvement over the ED 451 basics.

Hard to tell what a "vanilla" ED 453 might look like as most of the show cars are wearing some B'bus bling?

Thanks for sharing the great photos!

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,762 Posts
Are there any 2017 Smart Car ED's available in the US?
NO, the next gen smart ED has yet to be released to N.A. Until we see MY17 ED EPA numbers the Electric Drive will only be making the auto show circuit.

·
Banned
214 Posts
I'm a newbie, I started wrapping up my old Honda Fit lease five months ago. Now, its as if I started today. I will have to lease the 2017 gas hard top. It's white, still looks great. It has extra's.

I've loved these cars, since I first saw one three years ago.

The new EV is beautiful. I will miss out for another three years.

I can't wait, not having a car in the drive, until the middle of April for emergency sake. Strangely enough, I had one last night.

My dealer has had eight 2017 EV's on order since October, 2016.

My lease on a Honda Fit is over at the end of the month. Payoff is 10,831. Plus 350$ for clean up. I thought about buying it. As of today, January 17,2017 it has 9000 miles on it. Perfect condition, always parked away from other cars, it doesn't make sense to go another year.

Am I making the right decision ?

Thank you so much for your answer, so quickly. I got confirmation on the delivery date of the EV after your reply.

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
It depends, we've owned 2 Honda Fits now. A smart car, and Fiat 500. The Fit has the highest residual resell value, of all them. 53% after 5 years. That's if you decide to buy. Neither 2007, and 2015 Fit, have ever been in service for anything but regular maintenance. The smart and 500, are fun cars. Not practical in any means. There are Honda dealerships all over the country, for service. The Fit uses regular fuel, can occupy five passengers. Gets the same fuel economy. Build Quality is excellent. Acura level.

If you just want something fun to drive around. Don't care about practicality. Want to lease. Then go for a smart car. The new 453 is a really nice little car.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Wow, nice car pool. My fit is 2013. Although I didn't get an air bag in the face, I'm really not the same driving it. They had too many, for me, replacements explode. Initially they said all five had to be replaced, all of a sudden, it was one. Seeing the Smart in the street still attracted my attention.

I liked the fun part of the Smart, in your post. Driving isn't fun for me anymore and I used to be a car guy, actually, still am. I left clutched auto's when I sold my 1965 Shelby 350 long ago. Serial # 486 for 1600$.

The dealer also has two 2016 standard's to lease as well, another option.

Thank you for your advice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts