Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2005 Diesel Convertible. It is titled and tagged in the US. Has a nice body kit, Brambus offset wheels, and is chipped. I didn't realize these were nearly impossible to get here. I'm curious what it's worth.
Thanks, and sorry in advance if this has been covered. I couldn't find anything so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,762 Posts
Nice 450 diesel cabrio that can be difficult if not impossible to register in some states.

As a niche of a niche gray market diesel, it's worth whatever is written on the buyer's signed check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm all titled/registered. But I understand especially if it goes out of state.

I brought due to an Achilles rupture and ease of access. My Jeep on 37s and stick shift is out for a couple months.
I may keep it or see what's available for trade. The body kit and wheels on this one is really nice. It may be somewhat common but I haven't seen one. You don't notice nearly as much a vehicle until you purchase one.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Since it is a grey market car, there may be a parts availability issue?

FYI, the wheels are BRABUS (no "M") They are an aftermarket tuning company for MB.

·
Registered
164 Posts
which is what I was going to mention. It's a fabulous vehicle but, as with all things rare, you are going to have a nightmare sourcing parts for it ,as and when you need them :bangwall:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts