Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Mercedes/Smart reps at NAIAS, the Smart bicycle will initially be available in 5 markets (she said Los Angeles, Portland, New York, Miami, and “one midwestern market”) starting this spring.
The Midwestern location is apparently North Olmsted, OH according to smartusainsider.com. :)

Smart Bike Introduced at 2014 NAIAS | Sustainablog

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Will that be available in a cabrio model?
:coffee: :rofl: :rofl2: :laugh:

Welcome to Friday night in the asylum . . .

·
17,349 Posts
$3,000 for a bike? I'd totally buy this thing, but at that price, I think not!!!! :eek:

Shoot, you can get mopeds for a third of that price...

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
I plan to purchase the eBIKe I've been waiting for year on getting a bike so it will be perfect timming. However if price could drop at an introductory price of $1,995 I believe it would b reasonable to most consumers.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Initially in 5 markets.....not that is that hard to ship it everywhere.......
I've seen it and it's nice, but I wouldn't pay $3,000 for it....

Good old me on the ebike:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
The sad thing is that our purchasing power has diminished considerably. That's why all things German cost so much, never mind the arrogance shown when it comes to accessories.

Do you want a twin horn option, which plays such old favorites at a 110 decibels loudness, 'She'll be Comin Around The Mountain, When She Comes'? That'll be $495 extra.
How about a little baby seat type arrangement so you can carry your little pet weasel or Fido with you? That'll be $395 extra.
We have an extra warranty against theft, it'll only set you back $995.
For you only-- we are offering special smart biker's gloves designed in white and green with the smart logo. They can also be used for retrieving hot foods from your oven and they are specially priced at $295.
The only mandatory option will be the dealer prep and that's only $459, but we'll throw in the Polyglycoat sealer with a free follow up bottle.
You get the idea...

·
17,349 Posts
Seeing how 'Muricans already think smarts are too expensive and stupid, I don't see many people lining up to get a smart eBike. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Cdr.'s Thoughts and teachings

e-bikes can be fun. During the Winter parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway are closed to cars. Barriers go down but you can park near them and walk or ride your bike along what would be a busy road. Many times, even 'though it's closed off, there's no snow or ice. You see all kinds of neat stuff you may miss from a car. Biking along some of those hills will set you back to 1mph or worse - you go backwards. On e-bikes, like the smart, you can dial in just enough power to help through some of the difficult stretches. You are still pedaling - but with an electrical assist.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Here is an interesting alternative to the smart bike, providing one already owns a regular bike. In the 2014 Popular Science is a brief article on electrifying any bike instantly. The device ways 9 lbs. peaks at 20 mph and costs $590.
It's made by a company called FLYKLY and it's called a Smart Wheel.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts