Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last 4 days I have not been able to access my vehicle's data.

When I login, the button changes to "Please wait..." and then fails to connect after about 60 seconds. The error returned is always,
"The connection to the server is interrupted. Try again later."

I will admit that the temperatures have gotten quite low for this area, but considering that there are plenty of Canadians on the site who live in colder climates, I don't think I can blame the cold.

Has anyone else has this issue? :confused:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've found at times it does this. Usually if I log out and log back in about 20 minutes later, it re-syncs after a try or two and all is good. I usually note this condition after a day or two of not getting any "your car has finished charging" e-mails.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have not seen this issue yet. We have been in the 10-20F each morning this past week and have not had any troubles logging in. Thinking it is more of a network thing than a temp thing.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thinking it is more of a network thing than a temp thing.
I don't think it's directly temperature related, but they may be having a lot of requests hitting their servers based on people adjusting their car based on temperature. When the whole country (and EU) are getting cold blasts, it may be overloading their system regionally, depending on time offsets and what not.

They had problems keeping this system stable when the ED first came out and there were only a handful in service. Now that they're selling hundreds per month world wide, why would it be more stable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts