Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping this is just a car function that is being turned on by a sensor or something when I start my ED and begin to roll away. It seems that as soon as I pull out, right after the door locks automatically engage, I hear a very mild "tick-tick tick tick" from what appears to be in the front of the vehicle, possibly on the drivers side. It's always consistent - 4 or 5 ticks, then it stops for the duration of my trip. When I park for a while and start up again, does the exact same thing, right after the doors lock. It's very mild but I can hear it.
I'm thinking some sort of fluid compression system for the brakes?
Anyone experience the same?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm hoping this is just a car function that is being turned on by a sensor or something when I start my ED and begin to roll away. It seems that as soon as I pull out, right after the door locks automatically engage, I hear a very mild "tick-tick tick tick" from what appears to be in the front of the vehicle, possibly on the drivers side. It's always consistent - 4 or 5 ticks, then it stops for the duration of my trip. When I park for a while and start up again, does the exact same thing, right after the doors lock. It's very mild but I can hear it.
I'm thinking some sort of fluid compression system for the brakes?
Anyone experience the same?
It's the noisemaker. Mine normally sounds more like a Star Trek "Whoosh" as I pull away. I only get the tick tick sound when pulling out very slowly. My guess, the tick turns into a Whoosh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts