Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just joined today. I think we're finally going to try out an electric and the lease deals with incentives really pushed us in the decisions.

I asked our local Smart dealer around Atlanta and they are getting their first allocations in about a month. We also have an apartment in NYC, and I'm really impatient so I called Smart of Manhattan this morning and they offered me a few different deals on the 2013 models they have in stock.

-------------
What do you think of this deal?

Base 2013 $25,000
Gray Metallic $250
P24 Heated leather seats $500
527 Nav system $1290
Destination: $750
MSRP: $27,790

Residual 59%
Rate: 0.00032

$0 down, $0 acquisition fees, $0 first month lease payment, 36months, 10,000 miles/yr. All DMV fees, registration, and taxes are included.
Battery assurance payment of $87.10
Monthly Payment: $109.24
Total Payment ~$196.34 x 34 (not sure why 34 and not 36 payments)
Total for 36 months is $6,805 +$395 Disposal Fee at lease end
$750 shipping to Atlanta
Georgia has a rebate of 20% of the MSRP up to $5,000, so with BAP the MSRP is $22,790 x.2 = $4,556

So our net cost will be $3,394 or $73.44 / month for 36 months.

Another option is a different one without nav, saving ~$15 month or going even more basic without heated seats.

Only feature I will miss is cruise control.
-----------

I could save the shipping fee if I wait a couple months and try to negotiate when our local dealers get them, but they weren't willing to get anywhere close to no money down etc. Especially since they haven't even started selling in ATL yet.

My current commuter car is a ML63 AMG (10/16 mpg highway) and a SLK350, when the weather is nice. I'm expecting to drive the Smart as much as possible, but it will be hard to resist driving my SLK during top down season. I hope to save at least $150/month in gas. My commute is 70 miles RT on Monday & Friday and 22 miles rt per day Tueday-Thursday. My office has a ChargePoint I could use on days of heavy driving, but I have several hours at home before I head out to the airport where I could top up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can any one lease a car from out of state? or do you need a place in the other state?
Anyone can. I only contacted NYC because I am familiar with them. DC would probably be closer to GA.

Out of state is a hassle for shipping and paperwork. I actually think they might not have calculated the ad velorum tax correctly.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The nav really isnt that special and at the price it is not really worth it.

And why dont you just get a cabriolet ED? :cool: It probably wont be as hard as you think. The ED itself is very hard not to drive, very VERY addicting. If i didn't have a house i would have no problem living inside it. :pimp:

and you know i actually haven't even seen a convertible ED yet :confused:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Welcome...Yeahhh I own a smart ED n live in Ga I'm one of the only ones. I will be happy to see another Ga ED. Deal seems fair. When u get yours let's meet up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm getting ready to do the deal and found out I can go to 12k miles per year for $6 more per month. Having them check on 15k miles per year now.

After reading all the posts, it appears that everyone drives electric cars more than they expected due to low cost, fun factor and silence.

Upping 20% miles for $6/month (total $204 over 34 payments) appears to be a good deal.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the deal and found out I can go to 12k miles per year for $6 more per month. Having them check on 15k miles per year now.

After reading all the posts, it appears that everyone drives electric cars more than they expected due to low cost, fun factor and silence.

Upping 20% miles for $6/month (total $204 over 34 payments) appears to be a good deal.
Tummy,
Consider that going the extra miles like the 15K a year may or may not mean that you have to buy new tires, brakes, etc. when you return the car after the your lease end.

Ask them about that and to put in writing weather or not you will be subject to pay for those things.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Tummy,
Consider that going the extra miles like the 15K a year may or may not mean that you have to buy new tires, brakes, etc. when you return the car after the your lease end.

Ask them about that and to put in writing weather or not you will be subject to pay for those things.
It is already in writing in your lease agreement, extended miles or not.
All leases have a tire clause, none that I know of have anything about brakes.

Interestingly enough, Mercedes' tire warning is limited to "damaged sidewalls or exposed cords". BMW actually lists how much remaining tread life is left, I think it has to be at least 2mm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts