Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I would love one, even if I never plowed a single flake of snow. Imagine answering all those folks who say, do you drive it in the snow? Heck no, I plow the snow.

Any word on how to get/install a plow - this one or another?

·
17,343 Posts
Getting my smart ready for this winter.
Gotta say, all you need is a cage covering the windows and it would look like you have a storm chase vehicle! >:D

Shoot, it already looks like an expedition vehicle. :D

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any word on how to get/install a plow - this one or another?[/QUOTE]

I used a fully hydraulic (up-down-left-right) atv plow made by Blackline, it fits into a standard 2"receiver. You would need to install a 2" receiver to the front of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Magilly00,

Nice SmartCar you have!! Where is your front bull bare from and the roof rack is also pretty cool!!

Rgds.
Niels
Copenhagen

·
Registered
3 Posts
i cant find any blackline plows near me can i use just any atv snow plow with any kind of winch??? please let me know and how did you get the smart car with the plow on it logo/decal? thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
I would be careful putting a plow on a smart. I would guess the traction control would go nuts, and not sure there is enough weight there to make the plow work, and the weight of the plow could be an issue. but that being said, anything is possible. Make sure the structure that mounts the plow can handle the load and strain!

I would think an ATV plow might work out as long as it was for light duty, stay away from plowing parking lots.

2 dealers in Ohio, 33 Recreation in Rockford, and Kuhn Sales in Fostoria.

http://blacklinesnowplows.com/plow-systems.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok yes i plan on only doing my driveway the most amount of snow we ever get is about 6 inches, do you have a suggestion on what specific type of atv plow and everything i need to do this?? thanks

·
17,343 Posts
Interestingly, smart plows are actually more common than you'd think. Just get an ATV plow or a plow designed for small vehicles like a Rontex.

·
17,343 Posts
Looks like Rontex doesn't export to the US. Get an ATV plow, it's basically the same thing. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'll bet all those smarts also have studded snow tires also!
Wish I could find studded snows in the US, I'm due for new ones next year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts