Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im desperate.

Today my Smart For Two MK1 2001 started showing the three bar. The engine start normally. I read a lot of things about this actuator thing and went under my car and that’s what happen when I tried to change the gear. Nothing is moving.

I put some W40 down there and the little black thing was « closed » but I put it like this. (sorry for my english its not my mother tongue) Please help me I dont understand why it’s doing this. I took my car yesterday and everything perfectly worked...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Im desperate.

Today my Smart For Two MK1 2001 started showing the three bar. The engine start normally. I read a lot of things about this actuator thing and went under my car and that’s what happen when I tried to change the gear. Nothing is moving.
View attachment 65289
I put some W40 down there and the little black thing was « closed » but I put it like this. (sorry for my english its not my mother tongue) Please help me I dont understand why it’s doing this. I took my car yesterday and everything perfectly worked...
Spray that with some white lithium grease ASAP. WD40 is not the lubricant for the duty required .. glad it works , get the lube done .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spray that with some white lithium grease ASAP. WD40 is not the lubricant for the duty required .. glad it works , get the lube done .
thank you so much for your reply!! do i need to disassemble the part?? because I unplugged the battery, did the handling with the brake and nothing worked i still cant change the gear and the black bars are still here

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
The best fix for this would be to remove the clutch actuator unit, completely clean it, then spray it with white lithium grease.

In my experience with 450 clutch actuators, spraying it with the grease while it's still on the car is only a temporary fix. It's only held on with three bolts so it's definitely something you can do. :)

Check out Evilution for useful how-to pages

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The best fix for this would be to remove the clutch actuator unit, completely clean it, then spray it with white lithium grease.

In my experience with 450 clutch actuators, spraying it with the grease while it's still on the car is only a temporary fix. It's only held on with three bolts so it's definitely something you can do. :)

Check out Evilution for useful how-to pages
thank you so much!! i will try it! i hope its going to fix everything because its my first car and im so stressful with all of this and i take good care of it😭😭

1 - 5 of 5 Posts