Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya I know, like we will ever see one but I want us to have a place to at least talk about them.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm afraid, going purely by visuals and my own humble opinion, that the forfour just isn't a good looking car. smart wisely tried to have the forfour look like it's smaller sibling, but it just doesn't work.

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lights all around are pretty bad but I think with a decent update it would look good.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Ye, it looks like crap. Like a ford tauris mixed with a honda pilot. Odd they put the engine in the front. So they wont sell them again?

·
Registered
833 Posts
My wife had business at Aviano AFB in Italy last week and was excited because the rent car co. was renting her a smart. It turned out to be a forfour that had seen better days. The tires were bald, motor mounts were worn out, doors wouldnt latch, and sometimes it would start and sometimes it wouldn't. She was all to happy to turn it back in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am the proud owner of a forfour, and let me tell you that its a great little car. Ugly? Only if you stick to neutral collors, it rocks with red panels! Very comfortable, silent and i almost dont spend gas!

Last but not least, smart is negotiating with renault to launch a new edition os forfour next year so... hope they sell it in america so you can see for yourselves what a great car it is! :):):)

·
17,363 Posts
I am the proud owner of a forfour, and let me tell you that its a great little car. Ugly? Only if you stick to neutral collors, it rocks with red panels! Very comfortable, silent and i almost dont spend gas!

Last but not least, smart is negotiating with renault to launch a new edition os forfour next year so... hope they sell it in america so you can see for yourselves what a great car it is! :):):)
It's on my wish list :):):)

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I think Penske should use the Saturn factories to do a ForFour based on the Saturn sedan. If they make a wagon version, perhaps it could be called ForFive? :) Perhaps a Smart SUV would be called ForSix?

I hope Penske sees this and considers it. :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts