Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
I dunno - It' pretty strange. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable as the driver with one or two people behind and to the sides of me... and it might be worse as a single passenger. I guess I just don't get it. Maybe that's why it's 5 years out - give us a chance to get used to the idea.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
An interesting idea. I would like to see this continue down the pipeline and see how it develops. At least side impact crashes safety could be improved.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I couldn't care less about the car, but I want the 7-speed gearbox!
Amen to that. I'm wondering what kind of powerplant they'll be pairing with something like that. Hopefully something that could truly give that gearbox a workout and not in a drunken monkey auto shifting kinda way. :D

·
Super Moderator
17,722 Posts
Great! a 3 seater roadster for the states! I wonder when the reserve list starts? :D

Neon...still waiting for the release of the crosstown...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I really hope they do this, and in a roadster format like the old one. But without the leaks and the chronic bad build quality. Altough, to be fair, the 3 that I had, only had small faults, and not the main ones everyone else seem to have.

The older roadster died because smart made a £3400 loss on each car through warranty repairs!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
OMG :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, someone is FINALLY making a car with the single seat in the front. I'd buy this in a heartbeat. I've always wanted to convert my current Smart to a one seater with the seat in the middle, and then slide the seat over to the left and pop a second seat in when you wanted a passenger. The steering wheel would have to be able to be slided over, but it'd be safer, i.e. you're further away from the sides of the car when driving alone which I do 99% of the time. :p

Smart forone! :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just hope Smart can keep the price below $25,000(doubt it) because then it is in Mini Cooper territory among many others coming this way soon. It is yet to be seen but the Scion IQ (it is going to be a Scion) is going to be a direct competitor for the Smart and its a Toyota - instant brand recognition.

·
Super Moderator
17,722 Posts
Hmmm....I just thought about it.... IT'S A SMART MCLAREN!!! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Smart 43

The 2014 launch date is to allow proper development of thisTHIS roadster
( they can call it what they like - it's a roadster!:D)

The original was rushed to market and underdeveloped - and built for the wrong target market (Germany).

This car will be targeted almost exclusively for a single market -I will bet good money it's the U.S.....

They consider the launch of the 452 in the States a success and will be anxious to follow up

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Still want to see a normal sized person get in and out.......... by normal size, I do not mean Danica Patrick sized. Think about the ergonomics......

·
Super Moderator
17,722 Posts
It might have quarter doors like the Saturn Ion.

I wonder if it will become a reality and not butchered off like the formore. :(

21 - 40 of 42 Posts