Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, I browsed the whole forum, but I did not find a solution to the problem as I have. Some time ago, the car started to light my ABS lamp and the exclamation point in the triangle, usually when moving. The ABS sensor, half-axle and hub have been replaced. After that, the car had no problems for a month, until now. It happens when it rains, on the mud and on the sand, the car starts to jerk, loses gas and everything in a circle until the ABS light comes on. When it ignites it goes normally. After a while it goes off on its own and that’s it. When it turns on the diagnostics shows errors C1131 and C1130. I also tried to remove fuse 11, but it happens again. If anyone knows any solution or has any idea what else to try I would be grateful.

·
Registered
793 Posts
1130 Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Failure
1131 Outside Air Temp Sensor Short Circuit

Check to make sure that the plug and wires to the air them sensor aren’t damaged. It’s attached to the left side of the crash bar behind the front bumper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1130 Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Failure
1131 Outside Air Temp Sensor Short Circuit

Check to make sure that the plug and wires to the air them sensor aren’t damaged. It’s attached to the left side of the crash bar behind the front bumper.
Thanks, I have to take it off to see what's going on here. Is it possible that because of that, the ABS lamp lights up and it happens that sometimes when I turn on, the sound remains like metal on metal for 2-3 seconds, and that is also related to wet weather and rain.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I don't think the codes are any relation to you abs issue. So I would reset those codes and see if they return before doing much more than a visual check of that air sensor.
My own ABS/Traction Control lights issue trigger both lights also and reset after car is restarted but don't throw any related codes. So take the air temp codes as fluke for now untill they come back. Now how do the brakes feel before the ABS lights come on? Mine you can feel the ABS pulsating through the brake pedal at low speed stops. Once my speed increases to 40 plus miles per hour the ABS/Traction Control lights come on and then car performs normal. My lights stay on at that point until car is shut off restored and roles forward enough for the first to auto lock at which time the ABS/Traction Control lights go out. Now in my case I just put 7,000 miles on the car on a cross country trip with this condition with no I'll effects. I will give my Brake system a good visual going over. My condition started after I personally put in a fresh set of Front Brake pads a 10 min job. I intend to let the Smart Mechanics at Bay Diagnosis in Brooklyn ÑY track this issue down. It will be a big buck endeavor as I just ticked over 70,000 miles I will have the belts changed and full fluid service but I will get a honest answer for them. So I will be watching this thread to see if you discover any causes for your ABS issue.
Lastly I am not sure what metal to metal noise you are referring to?.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.