Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The motor mounts on my parts car are completely shot and the ones on my daily driver are getting sad, so I'm soon to be in need of replacements. I've searched the forums a bit, but much of it is old info. I'm aware that one can pour their own poly mounts into the old mounts, but it is my understanding that this transmits more vibration which I'd rather avoid if I can. I'm A-OK with more than a little DIY.

These are the part numbers I have, if there are newer/better ones kindly share them.
Side: 132220004864
Front: 451-240-01-09
Trans: 132220014864

What I am looking for is a source of decent mounts that are preferably cheaper than the $250+ the OEMs cost.
I'm not looking for "performance" mounts, but would consider them if they aren't too stiff or more expensive than the OEMs.
Anyone have some leads for me?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought all 3 for my Florida smart on eBay a couple of years ago - there are a number listed for sale now, including individuals for $30-40 each and sets of all 3 for less than $200.

-Barry-
Thanks, I forgot I had seen some of these but wasn't sure of the quality. I presume you've seen no issue with them for "a couple of years"?

·
Registered
248 Posts
No issues so far - but be aware that car (2008) gets very little usage (vacation home) - but they certainly were better than the old mounts (rubber had deteriorated in the salt air).

-Barry-

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to followup with this...
I bought the cheapo mounts off eBay, they look as good as OEM, but time will tell. Installed easy enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts