Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hmm I wonder if this effects any of mine?
I have two 08’s and a 09.
I noticed the front one was sagging a bit on the 09 so took some clips to hold it up(this is at the end btw) works great.
I haven’t got a notice on it but what exactly does this cover?

·
Registered
975 Posts
That may work if I had already had the title transferred into my name(I haven’t yet)
Anyway I knew of a recall on my rx8(fuel pump retaining rings) and it’s been nearly four years since I got the car that I get the recall letter.
That’s why I want to check on the smarts before the likelihood of something happening.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hmm
I don’t think that the rear mat is sagging on either of the 08’s and I know for sure it’s not on the 09.(will check both to be sure when I can and it’s not snowing)
I do knot the front one (the one at the area behind the seats up to the top of the engine) is sagging and coming apart on one of the 08’s and am a bit concerned about driving it after I get it running.

·
Registered
975 Posts
One of them I might be able to do that but the other looks like a rat(or multiple) has gotten to it.

thanks for uploading the pics jo it will definitely help (whenever I can do it and it stops snowing here)
Since the red 08 has the exhaust system out I can do it from underneath when I can.
I’ve been keeping a check on both on the 09 so far no problems with it.
Still can’t get the website to work on putting the vin number in(I can put the vin in but it doesn’t do anything afterwards when I hit enter it just sits there weird)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I tried the website but it didn’t cooperate and I don’t trust my local dealer since they damaged my 09 when I had it there.
The only other dealer that’s close to me is up in Kentucky.

·
Registered
975 Posts
^ join the club.
I’ve went four years of owning a 09 Mazda rx8 knowing of the recall on the fuel pump rings recall(they also added a insulation mat along one end of the tank for the rx8) but didn’t get the recall notice till here lately(it didn’t even show up in the sites to check when I ran the vin of the car)
The recall was because the rings could crack and cause the tank to leak fuel and catch on fire(trying to drive knowing in the back of your head that you could lose your car due to fire is quite scary to say the leaat)
That’s why I want to check the smarts well before Mercedes decides to wait to send out a notice of the recall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.