Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I called the dealer where my car was purchased and asked about this recall. They were unaware, but confirmed it’s the real deal, but there is no availability of the necessary parts. They said they would call me when they are received.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
From cars.com:

Recall date
2018-04-27
Recall no.
18V273000

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2008-2009 smart fortwo cabrio and fortwo coupe vehicles. The rear insulation mat in the engine compartment may deform, deteriorate, and loosen over time, allowing the mat to contact hot exhaust system components.

Recall consequence:

If the mat contacts hot exhaust system components, it can increase the risk of a fire.

Recall action:

MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear insulation mat with an improved one, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in July 2018. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Did anyone actually call a dealer to see if it will be replace? I see it’s from 2018 so maybe most vehicles has been serviced already or had the serviced done and the new mat just wore out again
Yes. My “local” dealer performed the service free of charge. It took about 3 hours.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
What year was it performed
2018 or 2019. I can’t remember. It’s my understanding that recalls have no time limit on getting the dealer to perform the work, but there is a statute of limitations to their responsibilities should an owner delay completion. If the manufacturer has informed an owner of a potential problem, but the owner does not respond, the manufacturer’s liability is limited and you might not be able to make a claim on your now barbecued 451.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.