Smart Car of America Forum banner
161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
What year was it performed
2018 or 2019. I can’t remember. It’s my understanding that recalls have no time limit on getting the dealer to perform the work, but there is a statute of limitations to their responsibilities should an owner delay completion. If the manufacturer has informed an owner of a potential problem, but the owner does not respond, the manufacturer’s liability is limited and you might not be able to make a claim on your now barbecued 451.

·
Registered
934 Posts
^ join the club.
I’ve went four years of owning a 09 Mazda rx8 knowing of the recall on the fuel pump rings recall(they also added a insulation mat along one end of the tank for the rx8) but didn’t get the recall notice till here lately(it didn’t even show up in the sites to check when I ran the vin of the car)
The recall was because the rings could crack and cause the tank to leak fuel and catch on fire(trying to drive knowing in the back of your head that you could lose your car due to fire is quite scary to say the leaat)
That’s why I want to check the smarts well before Mercedes decides to wait to send out a notice of the recall.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts