Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The all new BRABUS models have hit the road. The Smart Fortwo BRABUS and BRABUS are called the Xclusive.

With a reengineered 98 horse power, three cylinder turbo engine the Smart Fortwo BRABUS and the Smart Fortwo BRABUS Xclusive continue to boast low fuel consumption of 62 miles per 1.373 gallons of gas. This is better than the 40 miles per gallon advertised for the model coming here.

The muscular new two-seater can accelerate from zero to 62 miles per hour in 9.9 seconds, has a top speed of 97 miles per hour.

It comes with 16 inch front and 17 inch rear Monoblock VI alloy wheels and wider tires.

The new BRABUS is available in all colors, unlike the past versions. The transmission and suspension have a sportier system.

With the sportier system comes a sportier price, in Germany prices range from $22,519 to $30,630 depending on the options and model.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Kimber Project

AND, unfortunately, there is no word of the roadster being re-introduced anywhere:(.
Our only hope insofar as the roadster is concerned is the success of the Kimber project. I've read that there have been some obstacles but one by one they are being dealt with.....one of the issues was not obtaining permission for use of the MG name in renaming the Smart Roadster the 21st century MG. Ahhhhh....all this political correctness can be a PITA!

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Our only hope insofar as the roadster is concerned is the success of the Kimber project. I've read that there have been some obstacles but one by one they are being dealt with.....one of the issues was not obtaining permission for use of the MG name in renaming the Smart Roadster the 21st century MG. Ahhhhh....all this political correctness can be a PITA!
The problem with this is that the car would be built by a novelty manufacturer and the car would have no dealer or service network support. So... not a car I would consider buying. Also there would be no large manufacturer backing the warranty and the production quantities would be too small to allow it to be affordable. MB would have to get behind it to make it viable.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Yeah, Ihoboy....very true. It's a shame Smart (MB) doesn't pick the roadster back up and offer it as another model with the Smart Marque. That car along with the Smart Passion, would make one hell of a PHEV with the curb wt being what it is.....maybe in a few years or less?? That's what I am REALLY looking for as my mode of transportation. Plug it in and drive right by the gas stations! That is the day I look forward to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts