Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow smarties

I have a 2004 fortwo diesel that I am working on making a daily driver out of with a couple of swap options. Reason of swap is to make the car more fun to drive on weekends. More reasons is that diesel sucks.

I have 2 ideas and I would like some input to help decide where this build should go.

1- I have a mint condition Suzuki gsxr 1000 engine out of a race bike ready to go. This should make mad power with good noise.

2- EV conversion using an electric motorcycle powertrain and battery pack (I am not sure which bike to harvest this from yet)

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
A conversion to a motorbike engine is expensive, not practical as a daily driver, burn up clutches, and unless
you "know" someone, will NOT pass state inspection. With a motorbike EV conversion, would be a major PITA
to fabricate, and unlikely to perform as well as a factory smart EV. The EV smart is selling REALLY CHEAP
used. Have you considered selling your diesel, and buying a used smart EV???.............................

·
Registered
508 Posts
How many miles are on the diesel. People have been killing to sneak them down from Canada. You could check of someone wants to swap even up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts