Smart Car of America Forum banner

Smart Fortwo ED 2013 Various Electric Parts

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  ColinK 
#1 ·
Removing all the electric parts from my 2013 smart fortwo ed to swap in a motorcycle engine. I have everything from the ac motor, charger, control modules, various hoses etc. If you need anything feel free to make an offer letting everything go cheap.
Electrical wiring Technology Electrical supply Wire Auto part

See less See more
#7 ·
Bought the car from a repo auction about a month ago with the intention to swap a Ducati 1200 motor into it. When I picked it up the 12v battery was dead and the high voltage battery would not charge. When I opened up the battery I found one of the cells at 0v, the other 92 were all 3v+, not sure why one cell failed it the way it did. Can't really give much more insight into the car. Unfortunately it only had 14k miles on it, but the value isn't there to buy a new HV battery for it and Mercedes is unwilling to help especially now that smart is pulling out of the US.

#14 ·
There was a post not too long ago about a source for those plaques/stickers. I did a quick search in the electric forum, but couldn't find it. I know on mine I reattached them with double sided tape as they were coming loose. You can probably get them from a dealer for a few bucks, but I haven't checked that.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 20,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 19,500 miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.