Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Whenever reviewers and people in general complain about the smartphone in its cradle "blocking" the radio preset buttons, it just shows their ignorance about the product.

It's the same as a salesperson selling a car with no product knowledge. Same thing.

If these people would just use the doggone smart cross connect app, they wouldn't have this issue.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Whenever reviewers and people in general complain about the smartphone in its cradle "blocking" the radio preset buttons, it just shows their ignorance about the product.

It's the same as a salesperson selling a car with no product knowledge. Same thing.

If these people would just use the doggone smart cross connect app, they wouldn't have this issue.
I would use the app if my iPhone would pair properly!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I would use the app if it did anything useful. :D
It puts the radio station presets on your smartphone screen while you're driving. Use the usb charge port on the cradle and you're all set. You have a brightly illuminated preset button screen on your fully charged smartphone, and you don't have to worry about the buttons behind the phone because the buttons are relocated onto your screen!

Awesome, no? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
What's wrong with the presets on the radio? I don't listen to radio – Pandora for me, on the one day of the year I listen to music in the car.

Oh. Yes, awesome! But why??
Agreed. Absolutely nothing wrong with the presets on the headunit itself. But if you're going to mount your phone on the cradle, blocking the headunit preset buttons, use the cross connect app for crying out loud so I don't have to hear complaints about the phone "blocking the preset buttons."

If you're going to mount your phone -- use it!

smart's not asking too much are they? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The phone should pair every time without issue and without the need to use Cross Connect or to plug it in to the cradle. I have a $20 Bluetooth speaker that will pair flawlessly EVERY TIME for goodness sakes. Why can't Damler offer the same?!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
The phone should pair every time without issue and without the need to use Cross Connect or to plug it in to the cradle. I have a $20 Bluetooth speaker that will pair flawlessly EVERY TIME for goodness sakes. Why can't Damler offer the same?!
I don't know. Might not be the units fault. I haven't had issues with my phone losing connection. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I'm linked to cars from both MB and smart all over the dealership (when I demonstrate a car, I rarely remember to delete my phone from the headunits).

In my opinion, you're complaining about a non issue that happens to a small percentage of people.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
But if you're going to mount your phone on the cradle, blocking the headunit preset buttons, use the cross connect app for crying out loud...

1. Can't mount my phone – it doesn't fit the cradle.
2. Can't mount my phone – the car's microphone has such poor sound quality that I need to handhold the phone for every [expletive deleted] call.

Maybe after the "someday" fix?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
1. Can't mount my phone – it doesn't fit the cradle.
2. Can't mount my phone – the car's microphone has such poor sound quality that I need to handhold the phone for every [expletive deleted] call.

Maybe after the "someday" fix?
I understand. But remember, my original intent was in response to critics complaining about the phone in the cradle blocking the headunit preset buttons. IF you can't use your phone anyway, it isn't in the cradle blocking those buttons.

IF you choose to mount your phone just to charge it, you can still use the app as your preset button screen.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I don't think much about the automobile functions of cross-connect but the radio and media functions I like. I need to try the nav function someday. I've made and received phone calls with the unit and find nothing wrong with the sound quality. I hooked up my Scangauge II, mounted on the steering column, and much prefer those readouts to a car driving through the desert/urban/forest. Daimler should take lessons from "Torque Pro" app if they wanted to give us something useful to use.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I don't know. Might not be the units fault. I haven't had issues with my phone losing connection. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I'm linked to cars from both MB and smart all over the dealership (when I demonstrate a car, I rarely remember to delete my phone from the headunits).

In my opinion, you're complaining about a non issue that happens to a small percentage of people.
This issue has been documented with others. It isn't the phone!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts