Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I bought a Smart fortwo 2005 0.7 a while ago and I am encountering problems now. While I am driving the car stops suddenly and does not start. Somewhere on the internet I read a remedy for re-starting and this method sometimes work. When the engine does not start (regardless of driving time, i.e. sometimes it happens when I first drive and sometimes it just stops while driving and it does not work again) so when it happens, I remove the key and lock then unlock the car and try again. As I said it works most of the time to run the engine but not all the time. My main concern is the sudden stops while driving. It happened to me several times in the middle of such a bad traffic during rush hour :( I live in Southern Turkey and there is only one more Smart in the entire city. Drivers with bad manners bully me a lot already and imagine how they look or what they say to me when I block the traffic due to the sudden stop. Once I even got yelled by a policeman for that... Anyways I still love this car and want to solve the problem and continue driving. Where I live there is no mechanic who is expert on Smart cars so everytime they try different things. My brother helps me out with these as I don't understand car engines. These visits to mechanic became so expensive and it really hurts since the problem still exist. I wonder if some of you can help me to diagnose the problem and determine which parts to change to avoid further sudden stops. Whenever the car stops, in the screen where it shows the numbers (N,R,1,2,3 etc) it goes 0 and then everything turns off all other lights for other things. I am a female driver- I really don't understand about cars and English is my second language, so if you have a recommendation I would appreciate if you explain it simply. I desperately need help and I hope you can help me. I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Thank you in advance for your time.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I would post your concern on Clubsmartcar, the Canadian website where 450 smart cars were sold and their members would be a lot more experienced with the nuisances of the 450 smart. You may also want to take a look at FQ101.com/co.uk and Evilution.com/co.uk. You will need to join Evilution to see if there is a solution to your concern that is posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would post your concern on Clubsmartcar, the Canadian website where 450 smart cars were sold and their members would be a lot more experienced with the nuisances of the 450 smart. You may also want to take a look at FQ101.com/co.uk and Evilution.com/co.uk. You will need to join Evilution to see if there is a solution to your concern that is posted.
Thank you for the quick response. I just joined the Clubsmarter and addressed my question there as well. I hope to get some help soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts