Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Built by Geely, it will be all-electric with power supposedly coming from a 78-kWh lithium-ion battery with a potential maximum range of 250 miles or so. Assuming all goes to plan, FWD, AWD, and RWD configurations are all possible.

The new tiny EV SUV will debut in 2022 as a 2023 model. More than likely, it'll be sold in Europe and China but the chances of it coming to the US are slim.

·
Super Moderator
29,234 Posts
No idea if that car will even be offered in the US at this point. The photo is of a prototype that hardly fits the definition of an "SUV" IMHO. It's just a smart on stilts.... :eek:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
No idea if that car will even be offered in the US at this point. The photo is of a prototype that hardly fits the definition of an "SUV" IMHO. It's just a smart on stilts.... :eek:
More like a CUV. Looks pretty sharp if you ask me. 2 door compact SUV... Like a Coupe-UV.

Oliver:. So.... I guess you won't be buying many electronics anytime soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
More like a CUV. Looks pretty sharp if you ask me. 2 door compact SUV... Like a Coupe-UV.

Yep, I know how that goes. I don’t mind supporting other countries but I’m going to work very hard at avoiding products from China.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well “back in the day” most of the gray haired vigilantes on SCoA started out on TWO TIN CANS AND A STRING!

Life was good and our playgrounds were not wrapped in “caution” tape!

Little did we know just how good we had it...

Please, no political responses...

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another…

·
Super Moderator
29,234 Posts
"The Smart ForStars premiered at the Paris Motor Show 2012" A lot of the design cues were from the upcoming 453... :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My 451 2016 Smart could get a whole lot more than 250 miles from a 78 kwh battery since that's what my ModelS gets from 85 kwh.

VR
--
Yeah, but there's also the problem of fitting a 78kwh battery pack and motor and everything else required under a ForTwo. Probably one of the reasons the ED has never had phenomenal range.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts