Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new, I tried a search but couldn't find anything

Anybody know if there are plans for a SMART hybrid in USA ?

Looking for a Cabrio

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Start/Stop Technology on all SMARTS...

beginning in Oct. of this year.....see article at autoblog.com.....will raise mpg to 44/36....... pretty cool.....Guess this is a bonus to all of those still waiting:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just saw announcement on autoblog.com that MHD will be standard on all SMARTS beginning in October.....any way to confirm this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Excerpt from eMBHave you been considering a new 45 kW/61 bhp petrol-powered smart fortwo but were envious of the micro hybrid drive (mhd) found on its 52kW/71 bhp big brother? Your jealousy can officially be laid to rest my dear readers, because starting In October of 2008, both models will now come standard with the fuel-saving technology. In total, mhd along with its user-friendly automatic start-stop system reduces NEDC fuel consumption by an average of 8 percent, while in the city, fuel savings of up to 20 percent are possible.

Smart Updates Its Model Range To Include Micro Hybrid Drive | eMercedesBenz - The Unofficial Mercedes-Benz Weblog

·
Registered
5 Posts
smart will now include Micro Hybrid Drive

Excerpt from eMBHave you been considering a new 45 kW/61 bhp petrol-powered smart fortwo but were envious of the micro hybrid drive (mhd) found on its 52kW/71 bhp big brother? Your jealousy can officially be laid to rest my dear readers, because starting In October of 2008, both models will now come standard with the fuel-saving technology. In total, mhd along with its user-friendly automatic start-stop system reduces NEDC fuel consumption by an average of 8 percent, while in the city, fuel savings of up to 20 percent are possible.

Smart Updates Its Model Range To Include Micro Hybrid Drive | eMercedesBenz - The Unofficial Mercedes-Benz Weblog

·
Registered
88 Posts
Please read where it says:

"Unfortunately, there is one caveat: mhd isn't available in the U.S. or Canada, so my American readers are unfortunately out of luck"

Looks like we're left high and dry for now at least...... :frustration:

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you read to the end, you'll see this:

"Unfortunately, there is one caveat: mhd isn't available in the U.S. or Canada, so my American readers are unfortunately out of luck"

Too bad for us in the U.S., and Canada eh?

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
mhd not for US

It clearly states that:
«** mhd not available in the USA and Canada»
in both, the MB blog and the Daimler media official press release.
Rats!

BTW: the three threads devoted to mhd have been merged.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
All Smarts to get start-stop standard

Posted Jul 11th 2008 4:28PM by Chris Shunk
Filed under: Green, SMART

The already fuel efficient Smart fortwo will soon become even more stingy with the petrol when start-stop technology is employed fleet-wide beginning in October. The start-stop technology, which is called "micro hybrid" by Smart, works by cutting off the engine during braking when the vehicle speed drops below five mph. According to Smart, the engine restarts immediately when the brake is released and the technology will result in a fuel savings of 8 percent, bringing consumption in the US EPA cycle to about 44 mpg on the highway and 36 mpg in the city. CO2 emissions will also be reduced by 9g/km, now netting 103g/km. The technology will also be available on the CDI Smart when it hits production next year, but as of right now, the diesel fortwo isn't coming Stateside.

[Source: Autocar]

is that easier or WHAT???

this is great news.....can't wait to see what they have in store for a 2010 model, since i probably won't be getting mine until THEN!!!! well, our second one anyway! :D

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
It clearly states that:
«** mhd not available in the USA and Canada»
in both, the MB blog and the Daimler media official press release.
Rats!

BTW: the three threads devoted to mhd have been merged.

ok, i'll buy the CDI not coming to America, but the MHD? NOT buying that. after all, the story i just posted above even quotes "bringing consumption in the US EPA cycle to about 44 mpg on the highway and 36 mpg in the city".

so if it's not going to be coming here, why are they quoting US fuel mileage figures??? HUH??? :confused:

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
ok, i'll buy the CDI not coming to America, but the MHD? NOT buying that. after all, the story i just posted above even quotes "bringing consumption in the US EPA cycle to about 44 mpg on the highway and 36 mpg in the city".

so if it's not going to be coming here, why are they quoting US fuel mileage figures??? HUH??? :confused:
Well, if you go to the MB blog, same link as posted above by ElKabong:
And check the previous to last line, it says what I quoted: mhd not available in the US... :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like all the info on the MHD Smart is only for the MB Euro market and the Black sheep of the family ( Penske and Canada) are going to have to work out their own deal.

·
Registered
277 Posts
This is so wrong

Sounds like all the info on the MHD Smart is only for the MB Euro market and the Black sheep of the family (Penske and Canada) are going to have to work out their own deal.
Personally, I think that this is awful! What are they doing! To not provide the options that are there is ridiculous. What possible reason could they have? If they want to be competitive in this changing environment, they have to provide a vehicle that makes a difference. The mhd to some extent and the cdl to a greater extent do make a difference. And we get neither!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts