Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
except for the Envoy and the Lincon:)

And why is it, It seams like the person at fault doesn't get injured?
Just referring to the headline that calls out the smart and neglects to mention the other two makes involved. ;-)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I think the issue here is folks see the Smart and then just pretend they don't because it's a little Smart car. I've had a couple of those kinda pinheads pull out on me lately.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had a problem with people "not seeing" my smart. Now I drive in traffic with the headlights on and the stereo blasting. I really prefer it at a lower volume, but I don't want to be run off the road by distracted drivers.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Definitely not an electric smart just look at it, clearly an 08-09 gas smart.
Agreed -- can't see the Ed logo on the tridion frame (although this section is obscured in the photo) but the give away is the missing smart badge in the grill as in later models it was moved from the 'hood' (which is also missing in this photo) ... a poster on that news article made mention of it not being electric powered but may want to clarify as why they know it's not an Ed. Many who simply don't know the smart brand think it's electric (had that happen all the time when people first saw our '08) but obviously that's not the case. Someone did not do enough fact checking ... good only minor injuries

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
I had a problem with people "not seeing" my smart. Now I drive in traffic with the headlights on and the stereo blasting. I really prefer it at a lower volume, but I don't want to be run off the road by distracted drivers.
By definition, you have joined the ranks of "distracted drivers" . . . :eek:

With "the stereo blasting" you can no longer hear approaching emergency vehicles making you too a hazard?

When you are one of the smallest objects in the flow of traffic it is far healthier to "drive defensively."

That being said, might want to consider installing a real horn ON STEROIDS! :toot

·
17,372 Posts
And gray lower valences...
And no side curtain airbag either... :wink:

By definition, you have joined the ranks of "distracted drivers" . . . :eek:

With "the stereo blasting" you can no longer hear approaching emergency vehicles making you too a hazard?
That's like saying you bought a lifted pickup that rolls coal so people could see you better. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts