Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from Atlanta? I know I don't see many Smart's (yet!) but there are a few of us out there!! I don't see a "Georgia" Chapter yet! :rolleyes:

·
5,298 Posts
Start a new one! I'll second that. It's a day trip for me to come down! and a day trip for you to come to our area, too.

Don't forget to check out the Dragon event coming up in September in western NC.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Recently purchased a Smart and was wondering if there were any "local" meets or gatherings. I'm just to the east of Atlanta. Met one young Smart owner, 2004 model, but didn't get any info on road trips or other. What is going on out there?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing... in atlanta which is sad! I don't see many smart's yet here... i beep & wave at the few I do see :) Mine is an 09 Pure, black on black with dark tinted windows :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you are ever running to the east of Atlanta (Gwinnett Co.) and see a silver Barabus, flash your lights and I will pull over. Would be great to check out your ride and chat a bit if you have time. My name is Rich.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you are ever running to the east of Atlanta (Gwinnett Co.) and see a silver Barabus, flash your lights and I will pull over. Would be great to check out your ride and chat a bit if you have time. My name is Rich.
I saw a silver Brabus on Alpharetta Hwy near Old Milton Pkwy a couple days ago. Was that you? I was in a red/black coupe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Missed ya.

Earlier this week I had to take a trip to the HD dealership on rt 9 to get some chrome for my bike. I don't recall seeing another Smart...especially a red one. How could I have missed you? Now that I have one I am looking everywhere for them. Sorry.

If it looks like a gathering of local Smart owners might come to fruition, I'm in. My wife says that if I can't make it she will go. I'll keep an eye out here for good news.

Rich

·
Registered
30 Posts
New Passion?

Okay...who has the new silver Passion around the town of Lawrenceville? Just noticed it going the other way yesterday on New Hope rd with a new dealer tag on the back. Anyone?
Rich

·
Registered
474 Posts
I see this section isn't very active... but thought I'd post anyway.

Hi, my name is Steven. I sell (and helped develop) the Area 451 Cruise Control a few years back. Anyway, I'm attending the Wisconsin Dells 2011 event in June and I've been asked by the Carolinas club if I can make a side-trip to Charlotte to do a few more installs and I agreed (both events are subject to getting enough participants but it looks like it will probably be a go).

So why am I writing here? Well, I was looking at airfare from WI to NC, and the flight I'd probably take makes a stop in Atlanta. It also so happens that the ideal day for that flight is a day that does not work well for one of the NC participants - that being Tuesday, June 14th. So it occured to me that I could probably have a 1 day and/or night layover in Atlanta and get a few more done.

If three of you are interested, then that would make it worth it. Two could work if it is organized well enough (which means picking me up from the airport, taking me to somewhere suitable for the install* and dropping me back off in time for my same-day flight).

Any interest?

- Steven

* "Suitable for install" simply means a small space where the police aren't going to get called. IE. not a parking lot without the owner's permission, etc. Technically speaking, I can do it anywhere that the car will fit with both doors open. No power or other special requirements.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hello! I have a 450 (2005), my previous owner has already installed the aftermarket cruise! BUT I have a friend that has a 451 2009ish? And wants cruise, I will be glad to ask him and see what he says! This sounds awesome! Michele

1 - 20 of 69 Posts