Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked in on the insider forum which I do from time to time, and things are very negative over there. Smart closing its doors due to $$$ crunch. Refund check bouncing.... Anyone else get that feeling over there? :eek::confused:

·
Red Roller Skate
3,895 Posts
Uh so all the dealers are closing and stop distributing smarts? I don't know if I want to get one if I'm not going to have a dealer to get car serviced with. I hope I'm reading this wrong.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
smart USA

The Company's smart USA distribution business completed a successful first year, delivering 27,054 vehicles and generating more than $400 million in revenue. In 2008, smart fortwo sales in the United States ranked third globally, and represented 18% of smart's worldwide sales.

·
Red Roller Skate
3,895 Posts
smart USA

The Company's smart USA distribution business completed a successful first year, delivering 27,054 vehicles and generating more than $400 million in revenue. In 2008, smart fortwo sales in the United States ranked third globally, and represented 18% of smart's worldwide sales.
That doesn't sound like a brand that is going away. I guess I wonder why then there's rumor of smart going bye bye.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
...heck I even forgot I used to post there too..under another name for sure...
..oh well...I like it here better...

jetfuel

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not concerned in the least bit. Its been a few years since I was in school, but I thought you rallied around your cash cow.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
...heck I even forgot I used to post there too..under another name for sure...
..oh well...I like it here better...

jetfuel
+2
I was member #53 and closed my account on there almost immediately :wow:

I think it was MAYBE a month, then goodbye! I didn't like the "atmosphere" there, even in the beginning :D

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Insiders, was created as a house sponsored web site. It was intended to be an unofficial voice for Smart corporate. In fact, Mr."S"did from time to time come on to talk about some issues with our cars.

Now, however, the site is little used by corporate, and is populated mostly by newbies who post once and are gone. Moderator interaction is nill.

Part of the insiders problem is the site is very hard to use, few pix are posted, and it's just not a fun place to be. :)

That said I still post up there from time to time as I still do with CSC (the 450 CDI site). I feel we do need to support other Smart sites as well as SCOA.

We may even learn something new. :D :D A2Jack.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Part of the insiders problem is the site is very hard to use, few pix are posted, and it's just not a fun place to be. :)

86 pages of pictures are a "few"? I use both sites daily and found that postings pics on insider is alot easier than here.It's comparing apples to oranges, there is alot more modification info here, and more "local" info there.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

86 pages of pictures are a "few"? I use both sites daily and found that postings pics on insider is alot easier than here.It's comparing apples to oranges, there is alot more modification info here, and more "local" info there.

What do you mean by Local ? Seeking not scoffing. :confused:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
There wasn't an Illinios chapter for the longest time on SCOA. All the meet ups we have had have been put together on the insider site. Still not alot of action on the ILL. chapter on SCOA.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts