Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my Liberty Mutual insurance agent and they do not provide auto coverage for the Smart Car.

Has anybody looked for insurance yet?

·
Banned
661 Posts
Just got off the phone with my Liberty Mutual insurance agent and they do not provide auto coverage for the Smart Car.

not true. i have a quote from them and several people are using them right now. there's a whole thread on insurance here. do a search.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Insurance

I also got a quote from Liberty Mutual but my quote from Geico was too good to pass up. I bought 250/500 bodily injury + 100 PD + 500 ded comprehensive & collision (full glass). Prem: $936/6 months (for NYC that's good).

·
Banned
661 Posts
I also got a quote from Liberty Mutual but my quote from Geico was too good to pass up. I bought 250/500 bodily injury + 100 PD + 500 ded comprehensive & collision (full glass). Prem: $936/6 months (for NYC that's good).
damn, that's spensive. i quoted similar coverage for both my new S5 and the Smart and my cost is $1260/year. i'm 40. age has a whole lot to do with your rates.

·
Banned
661 Posts

just got off the phone with LM. not only do they insure the Smart, there is an additional discount of 10% just because it's a Smart car.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I have Allstate and they not only cover my Smart Fortwo but I can get it totally replaced in the first three years of ownership if anything happens to it. :) The Allstate insurance I pay also covers my Dad's 2007 Ford Focus. The insurance is in my Dad's name but I pay for it. :) I am paying 145 per month for the two vehicles. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts