Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a key made, I have one but need a 2nd. Of course the dealer says the "price range is $250-300". Why do they not even know? Anywhere in that range is too much so does anyone know how to get one programmed cheaper? Someone has to know someone right?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
The price, at the dealership is around $250. They come in pairs. They order from your car's vin number. The dealership then needs to program to your car. Expensive! That new cars today. Been there down that. Finally found the last missing key fob, after spending all that money.

good luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok got one made for $110. Got one cut that doesn't have the chip but it doesn't work.
I am a real Luddite when it comes to $5 items costing $300. Give me the good old days...…..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ok got one made for $110. Got one cut that doesn't have the chip but it doesn't work.
I am a real Luddite when it comes to $5 items costing $300. Give me the good old days...…..
So you got one working key with programed key fob for $110. and then additional key cut without a chip. ???

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I had a key with no internals, gambled and had it cut but it wont start the car. Still cheaper than stealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts