Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I like the phrase "Initial Quality Study"..

what they should do is take a POST quality study, say after a year then two and see what "quality" is still there, and what is lacking.

I bet the results would be very different.

steveg.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
If I am reading that right, the best on the list has 83 problems per 100 vehicles? That does not sound good at all!
Neither does 216!

Problems are not really ranked in order of severity. You want to use the survey results as a general guide, but should never be over relied upon as the rule.

Are there 83 blown head gaskets versus 216 "phone cradle is missing or too small for my phone" issues? I'm obviously exaggerating with my example, but the point still remains.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Just tell me, how long before SMART gets to the TOP of the Leader Board...???

~Just Say'in~
Yes, I hear that Big "K" buyer's are so fastidious that it would only be 40 per 100, but Half the complaints were about finding finger prints on the Door Handles... You can believe that if you read it on the Internet...YUP

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Just tell me, how long before SMART gets to the TOP of the Leader Board...???
As long as the smart vehicles are designed to go against the grain, it will probably never happen.

The new gas smart has a new Battery Light that will jump on even if the battery and the car is perfectly fine. You let the new gas smart sit in a parking spot for a couple weeks, open the car door and there's a "CHARGE BATTERY" warning in your instrument cluster to greet you.

I guarantee you that little things like that end up as negatives on JD Power surveys even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car. In fact, it should be viewed as a positive. The car is reminding you to use it because letting it sit in place is doing nothing other than discharging a perfectly fine battery.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've had around 5 issues with my new smart. So I'm surprised the ratio is as low as 2:1

Just to be clear they were the following
  • 200km :secondary air intake valve needed replacing
  • fix for alarm going off unexpectedly
  • tomtom live services stopping working after 5 months
  • bluetooth call quality issue
  • fuel tank fill issue

you know whats not an issue though... PARKING :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts