Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are very happy to announce our new partnership with BMS Products.

Many of you on this board have gotten to know Barney and his company BMS through his positive contribution to the smart car community and the excellent quality products he and his company have designed for the smart car.

We have done business together on a small scale before and have had very positive experiences with him and his company. After a number of conversations we have finally had a chance to personally meet at the smart car Nationals several weeks ago and see the products he has developed first hand.

We were very impressed with the quality of the products he designed and manufactured for the smart and his attention to detail. He displayed a passion for his products and genuine care for the community.

After some very positive discussions both of our companies agreed to work together. BMS will continue to manufacture products for the smart car and we will now offer them to the worldwide smart car community that we now serve.

In addition we will be working with Barney and his company BMS to develop new, high quality products for the smart. Once they are proven to work they will be offered to the community through us. As many of you know Barney and his company BMS will not release a product unless he has personally used it, tested it and is completely satisfied with it.

The first shipment of products is in route to our shop now and Barney himself is flying in to introduce the line at our New Location Grand Opening Party on July 17, 2010.

The new products are:

BMS Engine Mount - We believe this product is superior to other offerings due to design
BMS Rear Wheel Wedge Kit - Adjusts the camber of the rear wheels
BMS Bumpers - a line of high quality bumpers for your smart
BMS Mudflaps - an affordable set of great quality mudflaps for your smart
BMS Bumper Spears - Beautifully made Spears to help protect your panels & add some Bling

Scan Gauge Mount - coming soon!

You can preview these products on our site by following these links:

smart car Bumper Spears by BMS - Polished Stainless Steel (set of 2)

smart car Bumper Spears by BMS - Powder Coated Black (set of 2)

smart car Engine Mount - BMS

smart car Mud Flaps - (Set of 2) by BMS

smart car Rear Bumper by BMS - Polished Stainless Steel

smart car Rear Bumper by BMS - Powder Coated Black

smart car Rear Bumper by BMS - Powder Coated Silver

More details and pictures will be available soon.

Thank you for your continued support!

Respectfully,
Boris, Rachel and the SMART MADNESS Team

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Wait, I thought you told me you weren't offering the engine mount because you were afraid that in a rear collision, there would be a safety issue because it might not fail like it should and the stock one was fine because it was designed to fail in an accident.

Never mind...the engine mount is being offered as an off-road use only. Got it.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
I smell a turbo system down the road...:D

As an aside... The motor mount freaking rocks!!!!!!

·
Vendor
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait, I thought you told me you weren't offering the engine mount because you were afraid that in a rear collision, there would be a safety issue because it might not fail like it should and the stock one was fine because it was designed to fail in an accident.
The engine mount we spoke about was of a different design and manufactured by a different company.

Regardless of which engine mount you choose (BMS one that we are offering or one that is made by a different company) you are replacing the stock engine mount with an aftermarket product. The majority of the aftermarket products are sold for "Off Road and Show Use Only" and "may" have an effect on the design of the vehicle and it's safety.

The reason we decided to offer the BMS Engine Mount is due to customer request and the fact that we believe it is a superior design to what is currently available in the marketplace. The item is made by a well respected company that offers high quality products, pays attention to detail and carries product liability insurance.

If you are not sure whether or not to install an aftermarket engine mount on your car, then my suggestion would be do not do it. If it is something you want to do and are OK with the risk involved than I would ask you to compare the variety of engine mounts that are available for the smart. Check out the fine details of the product and the manufacturer and select the one that you think is the right choice for you.

As always if you have a question do not hesitate to give me and/or our team a buzz.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I also smell a SFR stage 3 turbo vs a BMS turbo down the road since Boris might sell both vendors' kits.

Still debating the motor mount though considering the stock motor mount is good for life and the rubber mounts wear.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
The reason we decided to offer the BMS Engine Mount is due to customer request and the fact that we believe it is a superior design to what is currently available in the marketplace. The item is made by a well respected company that offers high quality products, pays attention to detail and carries product liability insurance.
Agree with you 1000%!

Thank you for all your help and clarification as always.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Brett... Come to the dragon... I'll let you experience the mount first hand. It's a crime they aren't standard on the cars from thedealer!

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
...I'm soooo glad to see that Corn Field Productions are going to be distributed by Big City Madness...I'm certain that you guys will make a great partnership...you two share something that all of the asylum members have...the passion to make our cars unique either in looks or performance...I truly wish you both the best in this endeavour that will for sure benefit all smart owners worldwide...

jetfuel...BMS test car and loving it...

·
Vendor
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm certain that you guys will make a great partnership...you two share something that all of the asylum members have...the passion to make our cars unique either in looks or performance...I truly wish you both the best in this endeavour that will for sure benefit all smart owners worldwide...

Thank you!

·
Registered
70 Posts
...I'm soooo glad to see that Corn Field Productions are going to be distributed by Big City Madness...I'm certain that you guys will make a great partnership...you two share something that all of the asylum members have...the passion to make our cars unique either in looks or performance...I truly wish you both the best in this endeavour that will for sure benefit all smart owners worldwide...

Oh Jetfuel... this really made me smile, thank you so much for the well wishes. I know I tend to be quiet on this forum (purely out of choice and not because my spouse tells me to ;-) because it gets really technical, etc. But on this effort, I too am very excited about this relationship that I'm bursting at the seams.

Having this collaborative effort was one that we knew was right since the day we met Barney and got to see his product in person- all while in KS. Since then, we've been biting at the bit to go live and I found out this morning (around 7am) that we did just that. I wanted to wait for Monday but my better half couldn't wait. Knowing that we have the support of the community on this, is truly rewarding. Our passion for this community has purely come from our passion for the smart and the love of cars. We have a lot of fantastic partnerships in this community and knowing that Barney is right there beside us makes us even more honored to carry his line just for you- the smart driver.

Thanks again for the support Jetfuel, et. al, We don't plan to disappoint so we promise to keep this relationship fresh and alive; that's what we love to do! Now think about that ticket, will ya?!

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuah!
SmartGurl

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
I suppose one could go a step further. Signal Hill - Long Beach - Los Angeles!
I used to live off Redondo below the water tanks. That would be convenient now!
Continued success in your new place.

·
Vendor
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I suppose one could go a step further. Signal Hill - Long Beach - Los Angeles!
I used to live off Redondo below the water tanks. That would be convenient now!
Continued success in your new place.
That was right down to the street from our old location. The new one is by Willow and Cherry.

Thank you for the well wishes!

·
Registered
73 Posts
BMS has arrived!

Our shipment of BMS Products just rolled off the truck!

All pre orders are shipping out today.
Hola muchachos and muchachas!

Let me correct Boris for a second. The well built (overly reinforced) crate constructed by Barney required a forklift from the 16 wheeler! It was 600lbs of BMS-greatness! All jokes aside, I knew just by looking at the crate Barney built that the products were going to be presented perfectly as I saw them in Kansas.

I cracked that treasure chest open and voila! The long awaited parts including the engine mounts made it to the shop. It will be a cake-walk installing them now that we have our 2 lifts. I shipped out all the preorders so get these while they are hot!:) Barney, I need more!

By the way, keep an eye out for the SmartMadness.com changes and the new SILA concepts product release. Thanks guys for all the support!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts