Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The kit come with a new stalk for the cruise but the rounded end us black.

I have the red interior with red ends on my stalks.

Are these interchangeable somehow?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Yes, they are. The red cap snaps on. I transferred my silver cap onto the new ROADSTER turn signal stalk. Yep, thats where it comes from. It is actually a new replacement roadster part.
It is as close to owning a roadster as I will ever likely come. Hey, I do enjoy my smart. If you don't have one to enjoy, how much more fun than a fortwo could a roadster be? :D

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
As the guys from Top Gear tell it, the roadster is a great deal more fun. 5 years to go and they can be imported to Canada.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, they are. The red cap snaps on. I transferred my silver cap onto the new ROADSTER turn signal stalk. Yep, thats where it comes from. It is actually a new replacement roadster part.
It is as close to owning a roadster as I will ever likely come. Hey, I do enjoy my smart. If you don't have one to enjoy, how much more fun than a fortwo could a roadster be? :D
What's the trick to getting them apart? My hand either slips or the small red end just spins.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I carefully used a pocket screwdriver to take the cap off of the old wiper switch and tap it on to the new wiper/cruise control stalk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts