1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a smart Maintenance Day

8th October 2011 11:00AM

Do you want to learn about taking care of your smart, or get help doing
something on it?

One of the latest maintenance tasks to pop up is to lube the clutch actuator. GBryers reported "Having just done mine, I can attest that there is a difference afterwords, and worst-case, will keep those plastic parts from wearing out."
If you have anything else you want help with, or want to learn to do (door/front panel removal, various mods or maintenance), bring it on! If parts are required (oil, filters, etc) please bring them with you. If you aren't sure what to get, ask here, or send a PM to gbryers. Gary will bring a jack, jack stands, smart tools, some white lithium grease ($299 a tube, should do 3-4 clutch actuators).

I'll bring a set of ramps.
I'm planning on as much of the 50K service as possible and will be bringing my supplies and hand cleaner.

Potluck lunch?????

Tom & Helen's (directions forthcoming but is in south charlotte area not far from the Arboretum shopping center and the intersection of I-485 and Providence Rd. See the club website for details.
smart CARolinas

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
. . . some white lithium grease @ $299 a tube . . .

larryw4csc, price check on aisle 3 please . . .

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
so far seven (7) smarts will be there! the camera will be busy...

Weather forecast appears clear and high of 75!

Anyone else want to drive up, over, or down and join us?

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mission accomplished. :)
Very successful day for all that attended.
More details and pics later.

Strongly recommended for all the owner clubs to do this type gathering, at least once a year or maybe twice a year.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
A BEAUTIFUL Fall day, an 11 o'clock start time, a driveway full of smarts, oil changes, clutch actuator lubes and BBQ burgers followed by an impromptu smart parade.

What's not to like?

Thanks to all who got down and dirty to include Rita!

Oh, and resetting that impossible blinking wrench . . .

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
A BEAUTIFUL Fall day, an 11 o'clock start time, a driveway full of smarts, oil changes, clutch actuator lubes and BBQ burgers followed by an impromptu smart parade.

What's not to like?

Thanks to all who got down and dirty to include Rita!

Oh, and resetting that impossible blinking wrench . . .
only the hands were grease/dirt gunked!:D

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts

Attachments

·
Banned
513 Posts
I don't know if I'll ever come again. The cheeseburgers were great (and free), lots of chips, numerous soft drinks, ice, a salad, fresh tomatoes and onions for the burgers, condiments, help with changing out my engine and cabin filters, help with cleaning and lubing my clutch activator....BUT.....when I reached for the pickle jar, I noticed they were kosher pickle spears! Everyone knows that Polish pickles are the proper ones to serve at any outdoor grilling.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
I don't know if I'll ever come again. The cheeseburgers were great (and free), lots of chips, numerous soft drinks, ice, a salad, fresh tomatoes and onions for the burgers, condiments, help with changing out my engine and cabin filters, help with cleaning and lubing my clutch activator....BUT.....when I reached for the pickle jar, I noticed they were kosher pickle spears! Everyone knows that Polish pickles are the proper ones to serve at any outdoor grilling.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
. . . BUT.....when I reached for the pickle jar, I noticed they were kosher pickle spears! Everyone knows that Polish pickles are the proper ones to serve at any outdoor grilling.
Had we known you wanted properly polish(ed) pickle spears we'd have had a bottle of Meguiar's PPP (proper pickle polish) on the table along with all of the condiments . . . :D

Gotta love the folks over at Meguiar's they have a solution for everything!

Attachments

·
Banned
513 Posts
Had we known you wanted properly polish(ed) pickle spears we'd have had a bottle of Meguiar's PPP (proper pickle polish) on the table along with all of the condiments . . . :D

Gotta love the folks over at Meguiar's they have a solution for everything!
You non-Poles just don't get it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts