Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not had any service at Westminster Mercedes/Smart yet, but have not been impressed speaking with them on the phone about my 2008 Cabriolet. It has the known problem of sometimes not shifting into R or D, usually when cold. I've seen suggestions in forums that the first thing to do is have the software upgraded. I bought it used a few years ago and haven't had it in for any service repairs (I just change the oil myself) and from previous owner records I think it is updated to 2.0 but I think there was a subsequent update - 2.1? Dealer said I'd have to pay for it out of warranty. Would much rather have another Denver area smart knowledgeable mechanic diagnose - anyone know of one? I'm on the southwest side of Denver - WMS is over an hour from me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, smart Center Westminster is the only place that would be able to handle a software issue. You might want to post the question about the shifting issue on the General Discussions forum here on SCOA. There are a LOT of very smart (no pun intended) people on there that would be better to advise on that issue. The service issue at Westy is a problem, especially since the techs that really knew the car have left for greener pastures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts