Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have NOT been to evilution's web site and cruised through all the "how to" sections it is worth the read .... I think a lot of the mods there will adapt very well to the 451 versions we will be getting

Lots of good reference info at the smartmania web site also... on this site is a good list of new acronyms we will need to know

www.evilution.co.uk/

www.smartmania.co.uk/index.php

It is not completely known yet--- but the European 451 will have the same Normally Aspirated Mitsubishi motor and a turbocharges varient... several folks over there are working out what it would take to adapt the new turbo to the NA motor.... I know it will be expensive but has some merit for those of us who are seriously thinking about hot rodding the dinky car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Evilution is Superb

I have used the Evilution site, and dealt with Kane, the genius behind it, many times :rolleyes:. If there is ever anything not quite right with my Roadster I know that answer will be on Evilution. Not that much goes wrong on mine:eek:! Kane and his friends seem to spend most of their lives taking their cars apart and photographing it for the benefit of the Smart community.

I hope for all of you USA Smarties that the 451 is as modable as the UK ones. I have done a few bits to my Roadster and it just more fun each time I play with it. Having Evilution online to remind me how to put it back together again is fantastic.

One sobering point though, if you do use Evilution then I suggest that you PayPal Kane some money to help him keep it going :)

·
Banned
20 Posts
Smart

Smart will eventually offer us a Brabus edition 2009 or 2010. However; More power is not likely. It looks like the turbo engine will not be able to meet U.S emissions regulations. More power will be self-serve and require fat wallets.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Smart will eventually offer us a Brabus edition 2009 or 2010. However; More power is not likely. It looks like the turbo engine will not be able to meet U.S emissions regulations. More power will be self-serve and require fat wallets.
If the US engine is truly spec'd at 10:1 compression as many believe, it is all set up to accept the turbo. I'll be the first in line to arrange a group buy of factory turbos and ecu chips. Should be a simple bolt-on with factory parts from a German dealer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Brits affect me the same way as Granddaddy Long Legs. I really like them one or two at a time and I actually prefer their company to that of my kinfolk, but they kind of freak me out when they pile up like that.

:cool:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Brits affect me the same way as Granddaddy Long Legs. I really like them one or two at a time and I actually prefer their company to that of my kinfolk, but they kind of freak me out when they pile up like that.

:cool:
Snake, get out of the hot sun! And put that magnifying glass away! You might fry a spider! :D

To me, modding a smart engine much seems a bit like supercharging a moped. Why bother? But there are plenty of other mods that could be really cool. Like Snake's warp drive! "To the Universe, and Beyond!"

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Snake, get out of the hot sun! And put that magnifying glass away! You might fry a spider! :D

To me, modding a smart engine much seems a bit like supercharging a moped. Why bother? But there are plenty of other mods that could be really cool. Like Snake's warp drive! "To the Universe, and Beyond!"
Are you casting dispersions on the shaved, ported and polished head on my '78 50cc Puch. And that's not mentioning what all I did to the engine on moped. :D TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts