Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
I can't believe the specs are the same for the n a motor and the turbo motor both indicating 11.4:1 compression ratio. Even on premium fuel and with good EFI, I don't like that much compression. The only way I would run a turbo on this motor is with about 8 or 9 to 1 pistons, a waste gate and Av gas...

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
I can't believe the specs are the same for the n a motor and the turbo motor both indicating 11.4:1 compression ratio. Even on premium fuel and with good EFI, I don't like that much compression. The only way I would run a turbo on this motor is with about 8 or 9 to 1 pistons, a waste gate and Av gas...
My owners' manual says 10:1 compression. The 11.4:1 was why premium was so important with the 10:1 now reducing the extremes of compression allowing a little more head room. Are you looking at the 451 NA engine specs?

·
Registered
791 Posts
John H, thats a good question. I clicked on each of the engines shown above and read the specs. I see the hp is the same for both na and turbo'd engine, therefore I suspect its an editing error...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts