Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Jeopardy this evening and noticed a TV ad for smart, which I think is the first real advertising I have seen them do. It was not a local dealer ad, but an ad for the fortwo and the "value days" promotion.

Not the most compelling or memorable ad, but I guess they need to do something to get the message out

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wasn't aware smart changed their policy. Haven't seen ad yet. Wonder if they'll spend the ad dolloars for primetime space?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
"Value Days" sounds more like a local promotion

But before I posted this, I checked smartusa.com and it is a national promotion.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please share details of the ad, and maybe post a video clip?
I searched for a video clip, but couldn't find one. The add aired during Jeopardy WABC, a New York Station. It was near the end of the show during a block of ads that I suspect is sold by the local station.

There was no mention of a local dealer that I saw, so I suspect it was a generic ad for the brand, rather than an ad run by any of the local dealers.

I'll watch again tonight and see if any more of the details stick.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a fun ad, but not the one that I saw. The one I saw was not live action like that.

Hopefully somebody else will come along and validate what I saw, but failing that if the ad airs again tonight I will try to capture it on my iPod Nano and get it on youtube. I'm sure the quality will be bad, but at least it will give you any idea of what to watch for.

·
17,344 Posts
That's a fun ad, but not the one that I saw. The one I saw was not live action like that.

Hopefully somebody else will come along and validate what I saw, but failing that if the ad airs again tonight I will try to capture it on my iPod Nano and get it on youtube. I'm sure the quality will be bad, but at least it will give you any idea of what to watch for.
I've never seen this one...yet...

Here's mine...

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Is the spot only on Jeopardy? I'd love to capture it, and post it on YouTube. But, most likely someone will beat me to it since I'm clueless and only watch MSNBC (kidding).

Which networks, cable channels run it? Anyone see it anywhere other than Jeopardy?

·
17,344 Posts
There's loads of new smart commercials over at www.youtube.com

They always had a way of grabbing my attention

But to find the one you say you might want to do some YT searching :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It didn't air on tonight's episode of Jeopardy so I am not sure what thir schedule is, or what markets they are running in

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
There has been one airing for months here. Its a yellow background with the text: Fits In Anywhere" and a yellow smart parallel parks in the sentence. Then they show a slate with MB Dallas info on it. Every weekday morning for months now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts