Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where to begin:

1. Charger unit - It would be handy to have a 360vdc charger that mates with a loose Smart hv battery. Can this be activated?

2. Inverter - can we modify with opensource logic board to replace the Daimler logic board?

VR
--

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to include all this in the first posting but I kept getting double images and inability to insert text_!!?! Using Opera/win10 at this location. 8^/
VR
--

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I first saw this mess the several "451s" visible on the component labels was reassuring even though the shapes of the larger pieces did not seem familiar to me. I haven't spent much time under my 2016 and 2014 yet but this 2013 has all different aluminum castings around the motor/inverter, big rectangular housings at that. The only familiar shape was the diff housing. So even though the 2013 is a 451 there were major changes for the 2014 model year, all on display here for this newbie to enjoy. But hopefully the motor/inverter, my main interest, is just as usable as the newer version. Missing are the dash gauges and the dash unit unfortunately, but seller may find them at his other location where he reduced this car to pieces with a chainsaw in his usual firefighter fashion.
--

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Can anyone ID this as maybe ED v01? Could be there were none sold to individual users but only to organizations in San Diego CA or the like. Early on there must have been a complete do over of the mechanicals for ED v02.
--

1 - 6 of 6 Posts