Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
17,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whose smart is this? (I know we have a few International members here)...The OP of the video is quite rude, laughing about someone's beloved car burned to ashes...

I will not be online for awhile for unknown reasons...:wink:

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts
:-(

Reading the title I thought I would see pictures of a custom smart with some flame graphics. This was certainly not it.

Sucks that someone would do this. Some folks just have too much hate and insecurity in them. The car we just customized in the "Before and After" thread was vandalized by some low life a week after the owner bought the car. The first week he hit a tire on the freeway, the following week someone vandalized it.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
The whole thing sucks. As strange as this sounds, I would hope it was just an electrical short that started the fire. However, it is also possible that some jerk decided to torch the car.

A search of the internet news does not show anything that matches for this year, so I have no idea where or when this happened.

Bob Diaz

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Granted my hearing isn't the best, but the 4th vid didn't sound like English, and the car is a 450, so no telling when and where this happened.
One of my first thoughts (sadly) was "Worst camera-man ever!".

Yeah, this could have been an electrical fire - I have seen those enough in the past (not with smarts, granted) that this is possible, especially if the owner had made some mods and over-loaded the system. And we could hope that it was that innocent.

·
Banned
319 Posts
The guy in the first video sounds like a Canadian. The presence of American cars in the video suggest it's in Canada.

Some poor Canuk lost his 450! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
It has rear fender warts so it is a Canadian cdi. A real shame to loose a cdi in that way. If it was vandals why couldn't they burn up a new one.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Somehow, the humor escapes me.
I was laughing at the speculation that it was vandals none of you noticed the car was parked across the parking spaces as if it caught fire and coasted into the parking lot. The dude rushing away in the fist video was most likely the owner going to call the FD.

Maybe this is why the 450 let alone the cdi was never sold in the U.S. or just maybe the owner added jacks 4th injector!

Who knows, and really who cares?

Brings a whole new meaning to the term oil burner, don't ya think?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Maybe this is why the 450 let alone the cdi was never sold in the U.S.
That makes total sense now: the cdi was never sold in the US because it bursts into flames! That's so darned obvious.

I noticed the wrong-way parking and an open door. The worries about vandalism just underscore peoples' anxiety about the security of their own cars. Thanks for rubbing their face in it by laughing at them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts