Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tomorrow night, April 2nd at 8pm EST* -- the new Wikipedia article on Annette Winkler, Smart's CEO, will appear on the DID YOU KNOW (DYK) section of the Wikipedia English's Main Page.
The hook:
Did you know ... that Annette Winkler, CEO of Smart, once headed a commercial truck dealership and became licensed to drive heavy trucks in nine days, to better understand her customers?

*Wikipedia is like a sausage factory. Oy. The last thing that happens in the process is the nominated DYK gets shuffled into a queue for it's final time slot... it's a little hard to predict exactly which time slot the DYK will fall into -- as today's listings (April Fools Day!) are being shuffled in from a special holding area. Right now, It looks like it will run for eight hours starting tomorrow, April 2nd at 8pm. I'll update this as soon as I find out anything different. But keep an eye out.

If you're interested in seeing backstage, you can see the queue listings here.

Don't ask me how I know this! :wink:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The DID YOU KNOW main page link got 3,322 views in 8 hours -- just over 400 views an hour.

I'd say that's a pretty good click-through. Any DYK that involves sex or gore will get a huge number of hits, so this little tidbit of info held it's own.

The Annette Winkler article is new -- I suspect it will eventually average 100 hits a day.

Did you know... that the Smart Fortwo article averages about 700 hits a day?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts