Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken to parking towards the front or back of marked spaces these days in the hopes that another smart will park in the rest of the space... so far no luck.

So, if any of you local members see a yellow/silver cabrio parked with what is obviously enough room for another smart please feel free to join me in my spot.:)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Aw how nice of you! I've been doing that too but I find myself more offen of parking in spots that normal cars can't fit into but still allowing room for other normal cars to get out ;)..

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the Metreon last Sunday (the 15th) and found a parking spot down the alley between 3rd and New Montgomery. I parked as well as I could but there was a large truck sticking into my space about 6 inches... I was pretty happy to find another Smart tucked into the spot with me when I returned. It was Black/Black with what looked like dark chromed wheels.

Sweet!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I parked sideways on an end slot in my office parking garage just for the heck of it one day (photo in gallery). Saw another Smart has started parking in the garage as of late last week, but s/he gets here before I do. I may have to leave a note with the photo and suggest sharing a space.

Sorry I'm not in SF to take you up on your openness to creative parking.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet!!!

Man, your car looks soooooo good!

I'm heading down to WonderCon in a moment (it's at the Moscone Center) so look for my cabrio. I'll be taking up half a spot again if I'm lucky. If you are in the area please share my spot!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually feed the meter as I'm usually the one to park first however I would add to it if I were the second car. Just like I do with a Scooter/Motorcycle when sharing a spot.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Hi Alchemy, I have a picture of you and I parking together when I visited San Francisco earlier this month in my Gallery. Cheers

who pays for the meter? if your parked like that? Can you back into the space perpendicular to the sidewalk?
If you park two in a spot in Portland, you both pay. There are solar parking meters that take your credit card and print a ticket you stick to the inside of the window.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I asked a meter maid about that and they said it's up to the discretion of the officer. Of course they can ticket you because of the letter of the law.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
There had been some talk in the Mayor's office about changing the law to allow two smarts in one parking spot - but that was in the news months ago. Has anyone heard an update?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts