Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, [BAD ENGLISH, SORRY, I'M A CANADIAN (Québec)]

I'm new to this forum and I have a few questions for expert. I'll go one by one :

1. I want to change the standard radio for a Touch Screen / GPS / Bluetooth radio (all custom, not the smart brand ). So does anyone have change his radio ? Which is the best radio on the market (touch screen) ? How do we fit de new radio (double DIN) ? I would like to have one i can answer to call, plug my phone or play music with bluetooth, sync contacts, etc...

2. Two parts question : It happens, sometimes, that a put my little smart to his possible (like 6-7k rpm in Red). My question is : is it dangerous ? Should i stop doing this ? Because sometimes when i'm accelerating to go on the highway, the road is not very long so i must pull the throttle (due to traffic) in second speed to reach 80 km/h, anyway. The second part of my question is : Is it normal that when i reach 6-7k rpm, after that my smart give "shots" when i release the break on drive or reverse...It do this for two or three days, after a week the car seems to come back in "normal" mode.... It's hard to explain, when i try to park the car on reverse, i release the brake and the car just boost to 20km/h without i touch the throttle and it shakes form everywhere, it's very annoying...

Well, i hope someone will understand my problems and answer me :)

·
Super Moderator
28,241 Posts
:welcome: to SCoA! :)

Audio & Video - Smart Car Forums Lots of information about adding aftermarket navigation units to your smart.

The car's computer will keep you from over revving the engine; it will shift to the next higher gear if it needs to.

Your last issue sounds like there is something wrong with the car; a lot of shaking is not normal for a smart. First step would be to take it to a mechanic and see if there are any stored OBD codes, then proceed based on the codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts