Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone here is the 2009 passion that I have been working on it for the past 3 months, on this stage I will like to do modifications to the engine to get more HP, any recommendations I will appreciate, and where to buy the parts. I am posting 2 pics the first one is how it looks now and the second one is when I bought it. I hope you like it, Thanks in advance!
!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone here is the 2009 passion that I have been working n it for the past 3 months, on this stage I will like to do modifications to the engine to get more HP, sny recommendations I will appreciate, and where to buy the parts. I am posting 2 pics the first one is when I bought it and the second one is the work done. I hope you like it, View attachment 64047 Thanks in advance View attachment 64046 !

·
Registered
656 Posts
There seems to be little one can do other than enhancements that may add a slight hp increase , upgraded ignition coils, intake mods such as a high flow filter and direct intake routing. Serious upgrades would be adding a turbo , and programming mods, but that includes a good investment of $$$$ for a modest increase in power . I’m sure there are guru’s out there with NOX and other mods that work , but at the cost of long term motor issues . Add a “go pedal“ and do the easy stuff that will make your car “feel” more powerful and responsive .

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Unfortunately the Mitsubishi motor In the 451 doesn’t lend itself to performance upgrades very easily without drastic mods. Go to the Smart Madness website and check what they have available.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,759 Posts
Back in the day, a “TURBO by Barney” was the answer - sadly this is 12 years later and “off the shelf” horsepower will be hard to find.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the reply, here is an update of the work that I did to my car. Direct Intake and K and N Filter. I will look into the ignition coils and go pedal now to follow recommendations. I upgraded the alternator to 180 amps as well.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,563 Posts
Very nice work. Looks good. You may want to think about resealing your insulation pad along the top of the engine bulkhead. Yours is almost touching the alternator. Interestingly, the recall on 08 and 09's only replaced the rear insulation on bulkhead near the exhaust system. My rear insulation pad still looks new after 11 years. My front pad needed resealing after about 2 years. I used Gorilla glue and small clamps to hold everything tight. Nine years later, no droop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Updated work on the car for
this weekend! I hope you enjoy it. New headlights,sound system 2 6X9 Pioneer Premier series, 2 Mid highs Audio pipes on the back, 2 Pioneer Premier series on the doors,one 10" base small box. 2 amps, 1 kicker for the bass and one Rockford Fosgate amplifier for the speakers, a Pioneer double din multimedia receiver. Clear sound and loud!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello everyone, today I decided to put a computer on the car it has check engine light on. This is what it came out. Any ideas of this codes to resolve the problems? Thank you in advanced!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Updated work on the car for View attachment 64355 this weekend! I hope you enjoy it. New headlights,sound system 2 6X9 Pioneer Premier series, 2 Mid highs Audio pipes on the back, 2 Pioneer Premier series on the doors,one 10" base small box. 2 amps, 1 kicker for the bass and one Rockford Fosgate amplifier for the speakers, a Pioneer double din multimedia receiver. Clear sound and loud!

View attachment 64354
The back shelf looks like an interesting and practical solution. Is it custom made?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts