Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just heard on our local news that Dundalk is flooded. Anyone has more info?
Lots of smarts come to the East Coast via Dundalk...

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The picture above is from a neighborhood that's just across 695 from "our" parking lot.
My car stayed there for about 4-5 days for the usual custom procedure (stickers, connect battery, etc...) just before delivery 16 months ago! I post in Delivery only because some new arrivals may be affected.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
As an ex-professsional mariner I am very familiar with Dundalk Marine Terminal and the Broening Highway that separates it from the Dundalk neighborhoods. I shouldn't worry about the smarts.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
As an ex-professsional mariner I am very familiar with Dundalk Marine Terminal and the Broening Highway that separates it from the Dundalk neighborhoods. I shouldn't worry about the smarts.
Good news, 'Old smart', I would not have liked anyone's car washed that much before delivery... :D

Though I feel sorry for those who did get their property flooded!

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Follow-up
DUNDALK, Md. -- A break in a 6-foot-wide water main flooded a large section of this Baltimore suburb Friday, washing away part of a road, flooding cars and trapping some residents in their homes.

Baltimore County Executive Jim Smith said the water at the height of flooding was knee- to chest-deep in some places and damaged homes and cars. No injuries or medical emergencies were reported, although crews did rescue several people.

"The only people who had to be rescued were those who went in the water," Smith said.

Baltimore City public works crews stopped the flow to the break, which occurred about 4:30 p.m., about two hours later, said Don Mohler, a spokesman for Smith. By 8:30 p.m., the water had dropped to a maximum of 6 to 8 inches, Smith said. ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts