Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
When you take it in for gas tank service complain about the transmission rough downshifts. There is a software update for that. I haven’t bothered with my gas gauge reading less than actually left in the tank. It always reads full when filled but, like yours, will indicate only minimal left when there is at least another gallon in the tank. I just consider this an additional safety margin to reduce chances of running out of gas.
Good points. I could probably live with gas gauge reading, but since the car is still under warranty, I'll put the onus on Mercedes to rectify. I'll certainly ask about the software updates as well.

·
Super Moderator
28,760 Posts
Are the paddle shifters only available as part of the Sport package? I've had other vehicles with shifters and really enjoyed the experience, but I'm not certain I want to buy into the Sport package if it affects the ride as some posts suggest. Thanks!
Yes, another brilliant move by Mercedes.... The only way to get the paddle shifters on the 453 was to order the sport package. :shrug:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts