Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had just cleared the left lane, so I knew that I had plenty of space there. I stomped on the brakes, and at the same time I cranked the wheel very, very rapidly to the left!! All I can say is..... OH MY GOD!!! This car did everything EXACTLY RIGHT!!!
Out of curiousity, did the smart go sideways (like your car is facing W on a N bound road) when you went in the left lane? Or was it just a swerve in the left lane (still facing N on N bound)?

I will say that, from personal experience, going sideways (but staying in the lane) on the highway at 55 mph is definitely a scary ride.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Driving this winter with stock (worn down) allseason tires. It amazes me what the computers can do in this car. It corrects already initiated slides. With my foot pushing harder on the accellerator. I push it to the edge alot(when there is plenty of room) just because I can't beleive what it can do.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Driving this winter with stock (worn down) allseason tires. It amazes me what the computers can do in this car. It corrects already initiated slides. With my foot pushing harder on the accellerator. I push it to the edge alot(when there is plenty of room) just because I can't beleive what it can do.
It's just a bit of a change in what cars can do; before ESC, you couldn't apply individual brakes to try to keep it going down the road straight.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts