Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Days ago I was driving through a rainstorm drove over a puddle ( it wasn't a deep one) then it just hard cut off. I had to wait about 10 min to get it to start up. I was able to get it to drive in 1st gear and got it to drive to my house and now the car can't move. It will start, change gears, idles but, as soon as i move it bucks and start jerking. If anyone has any ideas or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
Smart fortwo 451. 2012 petrol
61 Posts
Might be worth spraying any electrical plugs/connectors around that area with WD40. That would help to get rid of any water moisture etc. Obviously do not spray towards the clutch area!
Good luck.
Dazza

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Clueless. It almost sounds like you submarine the car, to get water into the coil packs.Or any thing else electrical under there. I make sure all you wiring harness connect are firm on. Cars
are designed you handle a lot of water.

During really hard rain, in bad storm. The car would get that can of water under there too. Especially on the highway doing 70 miles an hour. Is the car okay now?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol everyone ask me that same thing that puddle was small and when I ran over it it did a little splash then cut off. I had this car for over a year now and drove in the rain many times before. When i put it in drive it just rolls as soon as i press the gas it starts jerking. I used a OBD II scanner and got this code P0805

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried all of the things everyone advised me to do and nothing worked. :( I tried looking for a repair shop in Philly or even near by. nothing :( Thanks for all the support. And I will keep this updated.

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
What’s sad about owning a smart car.
MB abandoned the brand. Let
Owners helpless, when it comes
To service! I feel sorry for the author

The OP really needs to find a
Good shop, that can repair he’s
Vehicle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been doing some research and I'm going to try to replace the clutch actuator. Any recommendations on where buy one? I also seen that is not recommended that I by the cheap ones that are $150

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So far i tried using a non oem actuator, I disconnected the battery as well . The symptoms are the same but more shuddering. I can change gears and it shows on the screen and it will buck to that direction. I get 2 fault codes from the OBD2 P0805 twice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts