Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just opened and thumbed through the new Car and Driver's 2008 New Car issue fresh out of the mail box and the Smart twofor was not included!

Not a mention - not on its own, not under Mercedes....not anywhere! :mad:

What C&D, ...its not a car? ....its not new?? Come on! you mention the MINI Clubman, also not due out until 2008, so that can't be the reason
.....and ALL the exotics that everyone can afford to buy!

and the front page goes on to say

"PLUS: info on every 2008 model" ......yeah right.

Looks like I'm gonna let me subscription expire on this one! :p

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it would be hard for Car and Driver to include the 2008 Smart till it actually arrives?
They included the MINI Clubman, which hasn't arrived yet, and granted - MINI has other models, but no mention of these were made. And how many people are going to run out and buy a Pagani Zonda at $500K? ....or a Koenigsegg CCX, (which I've never heard of) which, by the way ....is unchanged for the 2008 model:rolleyes:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Car and Driver has been ticking me off for several years. I finally didn't renew my subscription. Like you say, they can't review cars that 99% of us can afford, but they're all over the limited, ultra-pricey, supercars. Yeah sure, they're fun to read about but the balance needs to more to the side that's beneficial to most of us.

If they're too good for the Smart car then who needs 'em? ;)

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Ya... car and driver is still working off the bad grease from putting the Ferrari 599 in to the wall last month ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts