Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, i have a smart fortwo 2013, my car was normal i stopped in the garage and 7 days later it stopped starting, there was no sign of starting, i did some tests to see if the defect was the start, when testing the start the car started, it worked for a while and blacked out. I did some research and saw that it was not normal to change, not always the P of the panel lit up. I saw a video to lubricate an actuator, it’s not 100% but it started again, but the car doesn’t start, it doesn’t set up the fuel pump, I’ve tested this well, no coil signal, I need help. thank you

·
Super Moderator
28,833 Posts
A bad crankshaft position sensor will keep the car from starting if I remember correctly... :)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
For all those to go bad at the same time?

Battery is still healthy?
Alternator?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apparently they are, the battery I connected a charger. car was perfect. 7 days stopped and does not work. before the starter did not work, I lubricated the actuator and now the starter works but the drive does not work, fuel pump off, coils off, fuel injector off. I'm lost!

·
Registered
858 Posts
apparently they are, the battery I connected a charger. car was perfect. 7 days stopped and does not work. before the starter did not work, I lubricated the actuator and now the starter works but the drive does not work, fuel pump off, coils off, fuel injector off. I'm lost!
What actuator are you lubricating? If it is under the little vent cap you shouldn't be lubing that area. You would be contaminating the transmission oil.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the actuator when the starter motor works, but the car will not start. this error p0886 appears and disappears.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there is no sign on the nozzles, we do not arm the fuel pump. that seems to be the problem. but I already looked it has no blown fuse, I did test connecting the pump direct this perfect.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a smart 2013 with 60k miles. everything was great, I stopped the car a week and the car doesn't work anymore. already tested battery. I did a lot of tests and found that there is no 12v on any sensor in the car, no 12v nozzles, no 12v on the pump and so the car does not work. has anyone had a problem like this? Can someone help me? where can I get the SAM electrec data sheet?

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
Tested the battery how? Is the battery original? If so, I'd say start there. Could also be corroded terminals not making good contact or a bad ground.

Len

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Malachiasjr,

Your dashboard is showing the infamous three horizontal lines in case you did not notice.
This indicates that there is a malfunction in your shifting system or your transmission is taught-in.

You may try teaching in the transmission system again. For this:

Stop the car in a safe location.
Move the selector lever to park (P).

Turn off engine.
Wait at least 30 seconds before restarting.
Press the break pedal.
Restart the engine.
The three horizontal lines (bars) should show on the dash (instead of the P).
Wait at least 30 sec.
The transmission should be taught-in now, the P should reappear on the dashboard and the transmission should operate normally.

If that does not help and the three lines reappear (or are not replaced by the P after this procedure) it is likely a malfunction of your transmission.

Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tested the battery it is original. the car was not defective is working. stopped 7 days and does not work anymore. at the beginning she didn't give a starter, it came back after nomal, now it doesn't work. I did several tests, the fuel pump is perfect, but it doesn’t work when turning the key, I also saw that there is a positive in the injector nozzles. I did tests with a test mud and the nozzles pulse the negative. another strange fact and that all the sensors in the car gave error by the scanner. I need help someone already had such a problem. obs: I put liquid starter in the admission the car worked. apparently something wrong with positive injectors and fuel pump. thank you all

·
Super Moderator
28,833 Posts
Don't think this is a DIY problem. You'll need to find a local shop that does Mercedes work and let them check out the car. :)

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I tested the battery it is original.
Batteries will die without any notice and give all sorts of error codes. If you still have the original battery as you stated, being seven years old, I would replace it anyway. I just replaced my two year old battery. Living in Texas, batteries don't last long.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
An old battery may show an ok charge in terms of voltage but not have any depth to that charge. Was your battery tested with a load tester or just for voltage? As said above, that’s an old battery and modern computer controlled autos don’t tolerate weak batteries very well. Best to replace it regardless.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts