Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was a survey conducted by the San Diego Mercedes Benz / smart dealer.

In October we asked you: "Can you see yourself driving a smart?"

Here is what our readers said:

28.2% seem to be very open to the idea. They said "Yes. It seems like a fun and fuel efficient car."

23.1% are already insiders and on the waiting list for one. Their response was "Absolutely. I already reserved one."

20.5% are concerned with safety and said "No. I wouldn't feel safe in this car."

These readers may be surprised to hear that the vehicle has a 4 star crash test rating in Europe and has been designed to achieve the same safety rating here in the U.S. In addition each smart comes standard with active safety features that can be found in Mercedes-Benz models, such as electronic stability program (ESP), anti lock brake system (ABS) and electronic brake assist (BAS). Passive safety features include front and side airbags, a collapsible steering column and a Tridion safety cell designed like a roll cage in Nascar protecting the occupants like a hard shell. So if you think a smart isn't safe, you may want to think again...

10.3% say "Definitely not. It's too small for me."

Perhaps this is because these readers never actually sat in a smart fortwo. It has the same headroom as many luxury models. The leg room is only 1 inch different than a Mercedes-Benz E-class! There are 8 cubic feet of trunk compartment storage space, or 12 cubic feet when loaded to the roof line. Also, the passenger seat folds down for additional space.

For all of you who are undecided or would like more information about the smart car please visit the official smart website or call the smart hotline at 1-800-SMART-USA.

·
Super Moderator
29,155 Posts
For all of you who are undecided or would like more information about the smart car please visit the official smart website or call the smart hotline at 1-800-SMART-USA.
Gene,

Welcome! Nice to have another dealer on here. You'll find plenty of posts lamenting the lack of current info from the official smartusa site; we're looking forward to details on dealerships, delivery and sales this week. :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Welcome, Gene! Glad to see you participating on this forum. Whatever information you have to share, even if it's top secret, I'd love to hear it! Don't worry, I won't tell anyone...

So, do you have my car yet? :)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
She said, batting her long eyelashes, flipping her hair, and throwing her shoulders back slightly.... :woohoo

Shanna, you are shameless! :p

Care to work on my dealer for me? :D

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You da bomb Lady... Thanks...

PS. his name is Marshall Gordon at Classic Auto of Round Rock Tx

Noting like a Southern California babe, ah, er, Woman working the smooze for a guy

My wife will be curious why I am sending flowers to some other woman....

hummm

Maybe I am pressing my luck a tad...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts