Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my blue 2008 ForTwo and it occurred to me that my Smart Car looks like it would make a nice Tardis! So now I am obsessed with the idea. I MUST do this! So I ordered a new license plate TARDIS5 (the only Tardis variation available in AZ) and plate frame that reads "My other car is a Tardis" and decals for the door with the Police Call Box and St John Ambulance insignia. I also found strips for the front and rear windshield that read "Police Call Box" (you gotta love Etsy) and I was about to order them when I realized that, "Hey, why not just do it up right and get the car wrapped like a Tardis!" But I know nothing about this. And so I come to you, Smart Car Community.

Can anyone give me any guidance in dealing with car wrappers? What questions should I ask before getting it done? Does anyone have any recommendations for car wrappers in AZ (Phoenix area)? What is a reasonable amount to pay? Do I have to have my graphics already designed or is that included in the price of the car wrap? Is there anything to watch out for? I would be especially grateful for any tips as to what NOT to do from those of you that have had their cars wrapped.

Also, any ideas where I could get a little lantern box that I can stick on the top of my car to complete the Tardis effect?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The wife is a huge who fan... That said, I haven't messed with big vinyl like that, but it seems like it might be easier on some panels to pull them and install the vinyl. One thing NOT to do is put ANY kind of blue light on it. (The wife and I had a discussion on whether the light was blue or white... we couldn't remember.) Start checking out local parts/surplus or even boat places for a lead on the light cover. Good luck! (Take it to Dragon Con in Atlanta when you're done...people will flock... it will be epic!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts