Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Florida panhandle and was very dissapointed to see that the Smart tour did not include anything in my area. From New Orleans to Jacksonville there was just no representation of the Smart tour.

What about us? Am I going to have to drive to Houston to get a car or get service done on it?

At the moment I am so inclined that if I do get one of these cars, will I want to make a sales pitch for SmartCar everytime someone asks me about it or do I just politely tell them to find out about it on their own?

What exactly is SmartCar doing for me as a marketing lab rat? We are after all the leaders in their marketing campaign. We will be asked at every place we go to talk about this new vehicle. What is in it for us?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If I have to go all the way to Houston to to get my Smart, they can keep it.

I will happily keep my Jeep Wrangler, and get my $99 back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wouldn't expect rural and non-mega-metropolis areas to get dealerships on the first go run... kind of like how the Mini launched... if demand stays strong, i could see some expansion... just my $0.02

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a nice drive down I-10

Hey...Jacksonville on the weekend of October 13th. If you haven't experienced the SMART first hand, it's worth the drive. We rented one while in Italy and now I'm working towards becoming a dealer. C'mon...Jeep? What's their safety record and how's the paint on your hood?

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
They must be planning a dealership in the Pensacola/Ft Walton BCH/Destin area! That area is brimming with population, be it from Eglin/Hurlburt personnel and ofcourse the Pensacola NAS. Make yourself a PITA and get some well written emails out to Smart....they'll respond and maybe even take note of your words and do something about it. The area could also use smaller cars with all the congestion there is on Rt 98 b/w Destin and Ft Walton Bch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts